Why choose Louisiana
for Higher Education?

The benefits of a Louisiana higher education degree are endless! Whether choosing an Associate’s degree at one of our Community and Technical Colleges, a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. at one of our four-year institutions, or even a professional degree at one of our medical or law schools your educational experience at any Louisiana public institution is guaranteed to positively impact your future. Read More >>


The Louisiana Transfer Associate Degree is designed to provide students with an opportunity to complete the first 60 hours of course work toward a baccalaureate degree at a 2-year or community college. LT graduates are eligible to enter a 4-year Louisiana public university as a junior, with all 60 (non-developmental) credits transferring to the receiving university. The Transfer Degree Guarantee (TDG) refers to a guaranteed and easy transfer for students from a 2-year community college to a public university in Louisiana. Students may complete either an Associate of Arts (AALT) or Associate of Science (ASLT), depending on their interests and aspirations for further study and a bachelor’s degree. It is the student’s responsibility to choose courses that will maximize preparation for the university major, so it is important for students to do some research and seek advice when designing their LT degree. See below for the eight LT concentration templates designed to lead into a bachelor’s degree curriculum. Each consists of a 39-hour General Education (GenEd) block and 21-hours of additional course work related to the prospective major. Students must complete the degree with a grade of “C” or better in each course.

LT Concentration Templates

Transfer Course Guide.  Check the 2016-17 Master Course Articulation Matrix on the Academic Affairs webpage to know which courses have been designated as transfer equivalents among Louisiana colleges and universities. It is not an exhaustive list! If a course is not listed on the matrix, check the institution’s website for a campus transfer table, or contact the campus’ Transfer Advisor or admissions office for more information.