Teacher Preparation Transformation 1.0 (1999-2012)
TEACHER PREPARATION TRANSFORMATION 1.0 (1999-2012)
- Teacher Preparation Transformation 1.0 Overview
- Blue Ribbon Commission
- Redesign Inputs and Evaluation Process for Teacher Preparation
- Redesign of Teacher Preparation Programs in Louisiana
- Student Teaching Clock Hours
- Teacher Preparation Accountability System
- Institutional Reports for the Preparation of Teachers
- Value-Added Teacher Preparation Accountability System
- Undergraduate Screens (Assessments) for Decision Points Within Teacher Preparation Programs
- Alternate Screens (Assessments) for Decision Points Within Teacher Preparation Programs
- Reports that identify Louisiana as a leader in transforming teacher preparation:
La. Eyes Linking Pupil Results, Teacher Training. Article in Education Week – September 2004.
Focus on School Turnaround – Louisiana. Video and description produced by The New York Times – 2005.
Developing Evidence and Gathering Data About Teacher Education Program Quality. Report prepared by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities - May 2007 – pages 20-23 & 50-57.
Perfecting the Formula: Effective Strategies = Educational Success. Report prepared by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Hunt Institute – June 2009.
Teacher Preparation: Reforming the Uncertain Profession. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan’s remarks about Louisiana at a speech given at Teachers College, Columbia University – October 2009.
Louisiana Serves as Model in Teacher Assessment. Article prepared by The Washington Post – December 2009.
Supporting America’s Educators: The Importance of Quality Teachers and Leaders. Testimony provided to the Committee on Education and Labor for the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington, DC - May 2010.
Louisiana’s Value-Added Assessment: Linking Achievement and Teacher Preparation Programs. Article in NCATE Quality Teaching Newsletter – Spring 2011.
A New Approach to Teacher Education Reform and Improvement. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan’s remarks about Louisiana during a speech at the Education Sector Forum – September 2011.
Take Louisiana’s Lead in Teacher Prep Reform. Article prepared for The Quick & The Ed by Education Sector at the American Institutes for Research – September 2011.
Gansle, A., Noell, G.H., & Burns, J. (2012). Do student achievement outcomes differ across teacher preparation program? An analysis of teacher education in Louisiana. Journal of Teacher Education, 63(5), 304-317.