Teacher Preparation Transformation 2.0 (2012 to Future)
- Teacher Preparation Transformation 2.0 Overview: Short overview of work that is occurring for Teacher Preparation Transformation 2.0.
- One Stop Shop for Common Core State Standards, PARCC and Compass Resources. Webpage page that identifies the work that has occurred with the state colleges and universities pertaining to the Common Core State Standards, PARCC, and Compass.
- Annual Report for Teacher Preparation 2011-12: Report that provides data about the performance of teacher preparation programs in Louisiana.
- CAEP 2013 Standards for Accreditation of Educator Preparation: Description of standards that all universities must address for their teacher preparation programs to be nationally accredited.
- CAEP State Alliance for Clinical Preparation and Partnerships. Overview of the CAEP State Alliance for Clinical Preparation and Partnership that was launched in 2010.
- Professional Learning Activities: Description of professional learning activities to support needs identified for Teacher Preparation Transformation 2.0.
Teacher Preparation Transformation 2.0 Professional Learning Institute. E-mail sent to college of education deans/directors of teacher preparation to invite them to participate in a professional learning event. The agenda, PowerPoint, and tasks used at the institute addressed needs identified for Teacher Preparation Transformation 2.0. Dr. Candice McQueen (College of Education Dean at Lipscomb University) served as the feature speaker and discussed strategies implemented in Tennessee and at Lipscomb University to help faculty address the Common Core State Standards at a deeper level when preparing new teachers. Dr. McQueen provided a PowerPoint, an overview of the work in Tennessee, a Self-Assessment tool used by faculty, and a Facilitator’s Overview for use with faculty as they examine their teacher preparation programs based upon a Framework and develop an Action Plan for CCSS implementation. Dr. McQueen discussed the INVEST Project at the Ayers Institute at Lipscomb University that has created teacher video models and associated materials and PowerPoints for use by higher education faculty when preparing new teachers. She indicated that all materials are open source and accessible by creating a login. The Facilitator’s Guide for faculty that accompanies the videos is available as a PDF download within the INVEST site.
- Reports that describe the transformation work in Louisiana:
Grading the Teachers’ Teachers. Article prepared by The Hechinger Report – May 2013.
Preparing and Advancing Teachers and School Leaders – A New Approach for Federal Policy. Report prepared by Education Trust – September 2013.
Teacher-training Schools Under Pressure to Prepare for Common Core. Article prepared by The Hechinger Report – September 2013.